Pages

Monday 1 February, 2010

Chitra Santhe 2010

Like always there was a huge turn out and lakhs of people came to the Annual Chitra Santhe, Including the Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.

Click on the pics to enlarge

My Sister in my mom's stall

There were 1,450 stalls and the entire road was jam packed, I just took snaps of very few paintings as I was very keen on looking at the paintings and not clicking pics. There were some great paintings that was much better than all those famous artists, whose paintings gets sold for millions.





Its great to see people coming with friends and family. I believe that every parent should bring their children here. Many kids were getting themselves a portrait done and some were interested in getting a tattoo done.


Some folk artist. It is a great recognition for such artists. She is still using Coconut shell instead of a palette. She has used bright colours and natural dye.




I met few of my friends after a long time and also got to see different kinds of artistic people and their enthusiasm in the event. One more big reason to love Bangalore. Though it was such a sunny day, the canopy of the trees made it a very cool place. Kumara Krupa road, seemed like a never ending art gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment