Pages

Wednesday 14 July, 2010

Add 2 tb spoons of .... COBRA????

Last night when I opened the kitchen cupboard to take some rice, I saw a snake move very fast. It did not startle me as it moved away from me rather than coming towards me. What surprised me was, how did the snake get into a closed space. The snake was about 2 ft. and it appeared to me as a baby rat snake as there was insufficient light. I started to take out the vessels and tins one after the other. There was no way for the snake to go other than the door, where I was bending and blocking its exit. All of a sudden the snake moved towards me and spread its hood and that's when I realised that it was a cobra.

Now I had to be cautious and I shut the door. Wore my gloves and glasses and then asked my dad to get a sack to put the Cobra. I didn't want to hurt the innocent venomous striker, so I got my badminton rackets. I tried to take the Cobra like a dosa on one racket and held it tight with the other and put it in to the sack that my dad was holding. I made sure he/she was not hurt and that was quite a challenge. We let the cobra free at a far away place.

Since I did not panic and noticed the snake clearly, all was well as it all ended well. Now all of us in my house are traumatised by the hallucination of the snake's presence. Our area is snake infested and I have lost count over the number of snake encounters in the vicinity, but this is the 3rd time a snake has come inside my house and that too inside the closed cupboard. The last time round, it was a Russel's viper and it almost took away my brother's life. Thank god, last night I cooked rice and not my mom, Don't know what would have happened then.

Last night, there was no power like usual and I was all alone. I thought this was the right time for some light painting and did not use any light and was busy light painting in the dark. Now I feel that there is so much that could have happened in the dark. I am so used to my house that, in the night I move around without turning on the lights. I don't think I am going to do that ever again.

I was not afraid of the one snake that I saw and caught, because I saw it and knew it was there. But am afraid of the many snakes that I don't see and feel its somewhere in the house. God's grace that nothing went wrong, but thinking about all the things that could have happened is making me hallucinate. Hope I get over this in few days.

After the 140 heart beats per second job it was time for some photography..


Venomous Visitor

Marvelous hood

Ready to strike

After the incident, one of my neighbours told us that we were lucky that the cobra came home on Tuesday and it will bring us wealth and prosperity. The lady claimed with a lot of jealousy that goddess Lakshmi (Hindu Goddess of wealth) has come home. Now lets wait and watch.. If I don't become richer by next Tuesday, am gonna throw a Cobra in her house.

9 comments:

  1. ohh thank God !!!nothing went wrong...

    Its really scary to see but also i feel bit jealous.. as well.you had a chance to take a pic...since i see a Cobra almost 4- 5 ft long in FCI godown atleast once in a month or twice ... and really feel like touching it.. but cant..!!! because of long wall saperating my home and godown else.. !!

    Dono but when i see snakes....the fear...just goes off.. !!!

    good snaps...buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shuaib u must be Happy that there is a long wall separating ur home and the godown...

    u may want to touch it, carry it and what not..
    but am sure u dont want the snakes to crawl over u when u r sleeping or move around freely and share space in ur house..

    I dunno y u r not afraid of snakes.. maybe in Parambikulam we shud hav encountered a King cobra.. hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Snaps da.
    Its Super adventure..So Next i See Snake ,will Call Arvind to rescue it..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SRIKI :OUTSOURCING !!!! hehe,,

    @Arvind : true man..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sriki: it wud have been a super adventure if it was some 6 feet cobra.. it was only 2 or 2 n 1/2 feet ...

    Dont outsource the job to me dude.. Shuaib seems to be interested.. u can ask him, also he charges less than me.

    @ Shuaib: What say da

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Arvind good job man...By the way wherez that snake man? i need it alive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do u want it alive dude??????????????

    If i give it to u alive.. u wont be alive... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo boy, I would have cowered .

    I guess your services might be needed here as well.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/sameerkarkhanis/IIMCalcutta?feat=content_notification#5497875682745495842

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOD!!!

    which snake is that bro..

    ReplyDelete