Pages

Thursday 10 December, 2009

Legends of my time

I am 24years old and I must say that this generation of mine is one of the most lucky one to have seen the all time best players. I follow some sports and I would like to share what we are blessed with.

You can call all of them as living legends

Cricket : Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar : Most of the people of my generation who have missed watching Don Bradman's work, will not regret as they would have watched most of Sachin's record breaking performances. Very few players shine like a lone star in team sports, he is one such star.

Formula 1: Michael Shumacher : Most promising driver and a gentleman. World's Best Driver. His reputation precedes him.

Moto GP: Valentino Rossi : A true master in racing. Always emerges on the top and has great nerves.

Tennis: Roger Federer : He is one of those people god cannot make again.

Golf: Tiger Woods : He has made himself synonymous to Golf.

Swimming: Michael Phelps : The man who made breaking records as his pass-time.

Cycling: Lance Armstrong : A man with will and power to inspire. I started following Tour de France only after Lance Armstrong's inspirational story.

Football: Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo, Christiano Ronaldo : All greats and as a small kid I have seen Diego Maradona wonderful performances. Though I do not follow football much, I am gald to have watched these Men perform.

Karate: Chuck Norris : I have not seen his champion performances, as they were much before i was born, I don't even think it was ever aired too, but I have seen his movies, I should be happy to share at least a part of his time line.

There are many other sports that I do not follow like

Chess: Vishwanath Anand

Billiards: Pankaj Advani

both are Indians.

There are a lot of other sports that have greats too but just that i don't follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment